Caregiver Affidavit Requirements
How to apply:
To complete a new Caregiver Affidavit for a current student, parents/guardians and the caregiver must schedule an appointment to meet with the District Registrar. If the student is new to the District, please complete the Online Pre-Registration first. Both Caregiver and child must reside together within the San Marino Unified School District boundaries, and residency verification home visits are performed at random and without prior notification. Caregiver must be a qualified relative (grandparent, aunt, uncle, spouse, parent, stepparent, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, half sister, niece, nephew, first cousin, or any other person denoted by the prefix "grand" or "great". )
To make an appointment with the District Registrar, as well as to ask questions regarding the information below or your particular circumstance, please call (626) 299-7000, extension 1316 or 1300.
Listed below are the items/documents you will need to provide at the interview, although you may be asked to provide additional documentation.
On the day of the interview, please bring the following (11 documents):
- Legal photo identification of the Caregiver
- Legal photo identification of the parent. The parent should also be prepared to attend the interview with the Caregiver.
- Photo of the student – a school I.D. from the previous school or a passport.
- Original birth certificate of the student (to show parental identity). If the original birth certificate is in a language other than English, please provide an official translation along with the original document.
- Completed Caregiver’s Supplemental Information Form (will be provided at the appointment).
- Completed Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit (will be provided at the appointment).
- Verification of residency (5 documents):
- property tax bill, closing escrow statement or lease agreement (whichever applies).
- four (4) current utility bills in caregiver’s name (electric, gas, water, trash, cable or landline phone).
Student, parent and the caregiver residing within San Marino Unified School District must attend in person for the proper signing of these documents.
When all necessary documents are in order, please call (626) 299-7000, extension 1316 or 1300, to schedule an appointment.
If all documents and all persons involved are present, the issuing of the Caregiver’s Authorization should not take longer than 15 minutes.
Please Note: Falsification of any documentation will be cause for withdrawal of your student.