Start New Student Online Registration
SMUSD has developed an electronic enrollment process due to COVID-19.
No walk-ins or in-person appointments will be accepted.
STEP 1: Prepare for Registration
In order for your child to be enrolled and attend school in the San Marino School District, you will need to provide information that allows us to register your child. Before the registration process starts, you need to prepare the following information:
- An active email address
- This needs to be an email account that you can access regularly.
- Proof of Age (1 document)
- Proof of age: child’s birth certificate OR passport
- Proof of Residency (5 documents)
- One current property tax bill, closing escrow statement, or current lease agreement (whichever applies);
- AND Four (4) different current utility bills – gas, electric, water, trash, cable, or landline telephone.
Important Note: If your family just moved to SMUSD and has not received any utility bills yet, we allow 60 days from the lease start date or the closing escrow date to provide the first utility bills. Letter of service verification, account opening confirmation, deposit request, past due/disconnect notices, and cell phone bills are not acceptable. We do not call, e-mail, or fax previous school/s, landlords, or utility companies requesting documents. Parents/guardians are responsible for providing ALL required documentation.
- Proof of Parental/Legal Guardian Relationship (1 document)
- Student's Birth certificate OR official court documents (including custody agreement, if applies)
- Proof of Immunization and Health Requirements (1 – 3 documents)
- Complete and up-to-date immunization record (yellow card) - for all grades
- Report of Health Examination (PDF form) - for TK, K, and 1st grades only
- Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form (PDF form) - for TK, K, and 1st grades only
- Previous School Records
- For grades 2-12, please provide a recent report card or official transcript.
- For 6-12 grade students transferred in the middle of the school year, a withdrawal form is required from the previous school attended at the time of registration.
- For students in a Special Education Program, please provide a most recent IEP or 504 Plan.
STEP 2: Pre-Registration
After you gather all the information requested, you are ready for Pre-Registration.
Pre-Registration for 2022-2023 (First Day of School: 8/10/2022): Please click HERE.
- The pre-registration will not be processed until the beginning date for your grade level.
- If your child is currently enrolled, you do NOT need to register again. This registration is for new incoming students only.
- Classes at the following grade have reached maximum capacity in the 22-23 school year: 1st and 3rd Grade at Valentine Elementary School. This is subject to change - as space opens up students will be assigned to their home school in the order they were registered.
- Out-of-district students must go through the Interdistrict Transfer application process and receive the permit approval notice before starting online registration.
STEP 3: Full Registration & Submit Documents
After submitting the pre-registration form, the Registration Office will review and verify your application. If verified, you will receive a welcome email to continue the process of completing the full registration form online. Please check the junk/spam folder if the email was not received within 3 business days just in case it was filtered out. You have 15 calendar days to complete and submit the full registration form.
The Registration Office will email you to ask for all the required documents after you submit the full registration form. Please reply to the email with documents attached in PDF format.
STEP 4: Registration Confirmation
The online registration form does not confirm your child’s acceptance at any school in the San Marino Unified School District. The registration office will review all the documents, then email you to confirm your child's registration with a Student ID and information regarding the next steps before starting school.
Last updated: 6/1/2022