Affidavit of Residency Requirements
Affidavit of Residency & Ownership
AN AFFIDAVIT OF RESIDENCY & OWNERSHIP IS REQUIRED IF PARENT AND CHILD ARE LIVING WITH ANOTHER FAMILY AND PARENT'S NAME DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE LEASE, PROPERTY TAX BILL OR CLOSING ESCROW PAPERS*
How to apply:
To complete a new Affidavit of Residency & Ownership for a current student, parents/guardians and the property owner/lessee must complete an Affidavit of Residency form (one may be requested by emailing [email protected]. If the student is new to the District, please complete the Online Pre-Registration first, an Affidavit of Residency form and email the form along with the following documents to [email protected] (subject line: Affidavit of Residency / CHILD'S NAME)
Property owner/lessee must provide (6 documents):
- Valid photo ID;
- Current property tax bill/closing escrow statement/lease agreement (whichever applies); AND
- Four (4) most recent utility bills (gas, electric, water, trash, cable or landline telephone)
*In addition, the homeowner/leaseholder must agree to periodic requests for residency documentation. In some cases, a “Landlord Acknowledgement Document” will be required from the owner of the property that tells the school district that the landlord has given permission for parent(s) and children to live in a specified home without their name being added to the lease
Parents/guardians must provide (5 documents):
- Valid photo ID;
- Student’s birth certificate/passport; AND
- California Driver’s License/Identification Card (California State Law requires that when you move, you must give your new address to the DMV within 10 days)
- DMV printout of vehicle registration
- Car insurance invoice/statement/proof of insurance
- Health insurance invoice/statement/proof of insurance
- Bank Statement (checking or savings – not checks)
- Paycheck Stub
- Front page of the Federal Income Tax Form
All documents listed above must BE ORIGINAL, CURRENT, AND SHOW PARENT NAME AND CURRENT HOME ADDRESS. Copies or online documents printed from the Internet residency verification are not accepted. You must provide original documents that have been mailed to you at your home address.
How to renew?
All Affidavits of Residency & Ownership must be renewed annually. To renew an Affidavit of Residency & ownership, the property owner/lessee must complete the form before every new school year starts. Parent/guardian must provide three (3) of the above documents to complete the renewal package. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to renew this document before the first day of school.
If these items are not received before the first day of school, the student(s) will not be permitted to start school in August until the District Office has cleared their residency in the District.