District English Learner Advisory Committee
Each California public school district, grades kindergarten through 12, with 51 or more English learners must form a District-level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee.
The DELAC, or subcommittee on English learner education, shall advise the district's local governing board (e.g., in person, by letters/reports, or through an administrator) on programs and services for English learners. The DELAC shall be responsible for advising the district's local governing board on the following tasks:
• Development or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for English learners, taking into consideration the Local Control Accountability Plan and Single School Plan(s) for Student Achievement.
• Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners (e.g., parental exception waivers and funding).
• Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
• Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
• Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.