The San Marino Unified School District is in the process of searching for its next Superintendent. This webpage will be updated as more information becomes available.
- March 4, 2019 - JG Consulting posted and advertised the Superintendent application nationwide with an April 4 deadline.
- February 27, 2019 (7:30 PM) and February 28, 2019 (9:30 AM) - Community-wide meetings in SMUSD Board Room
- February 19, 2019 - Board Seeks Community Input via Online Survey
- February 12, 2019 (SMUSD Board Meeting) - James Guerra and Mike Escalante presented information to the Board regarding the procedures and timing of the superintendent search process, including the development of a profile and job description through interviews with stakeholders and community meetings.
- January 22, 2019 (SMUSD Board Meeting) - The Board of Education selected search firm JG Consulting with Escalante & Associates and will begin negotiations towards approving a contract at a future Board meeting.
- January 15, 2019 (Special Board of Education Meeting) - SMUSD Board interviewed firms to determine Search Firm suitability, expertise, and experience with finding and placing superintendents in school districts.
- January 12, 2019 (Special Board of Education Meeting) - Ms. Linda de la Torre (Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources) presented an update on the Superintendent search and Search Firm interviews.
- December 11, 2018 (SMUSD Board Meeting) - Staff presented information to the Board on Superintendent search options and sought direction on steps moving forward.